This is soooo good. :D
Metal Gear - Amiga Port
A downloadable game
Originally released in 1987 for the MSX2, Metal Gear became an instant classic. Designed by the legendary Hideo Kojima, it spawned a huge franchise in stealth gameplay and is considered one of the top games from the platform. While there are ports for the NES, Spectrum and C64 they were missing a lot of the key details from the original game. An Amiga version was once advertised in a magazine but sadly was consigned to myth and legend. That is until now.
Based on a full and commented disassembly by Manuel Pazos of the original MSX2 game cartridge, this Amiga port has been built to ensure as near a perfect conversion as possible. Gameplay elements remain intact while additional features have been layered on-top to ensure the fullest experience possible of Metal Gear on the Amiga.
- Code ported from Z80 to 68000 assembly by Hoffman
- Gameplay adjusted to work at full 50hz/60hz
- No slow-downs or sprite flicker
- Multiple game modes
- English Remix Fan Translation
- Original European Version
- Original Japanese Version
- New Spanish Translation by Akira
- Enhanced Amiga Soundtrack and SFX by Hoffman
- Optional emulated MSX / PSG Music and SFX
- Full support for CD32 gamepad for keyboard-less gameplay
- Additional character graphics by Toni Galvez
- All new ending / credits section
- For any Amiga with 512kb Chip Ram + 512k Other Ram
- Bootable disk image for low spec Amigas
- WHDLoad installer by Psygore
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you so much for this!
I am waiting for you to hopefully do this for Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake as well. And I hope for an update that includes the official retranslation of Metal Gear 1 made for Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and the GOG release.
Sadly don't hold your breath got MG2. I would really love to do it but the disassembly task on it is HUGE. Who knows, maybe I'll start it at some point.
Great work. Thanks a lot. I hope u continue to make Amiga games :)
Thanx -a-lot, I enjoyed this classic MSX port very much and played it via vAmiga on OSX! Cheers Bart (Holland)
I am having issues with vAmiga on OSX loading any games. I am using the included AROS kickstarters.
Absolutely fantastic. The ADF didn't boot on my 1200 but the WHDload install worked flawlessly. The new soundtrack is amazing too and including so many options is a great touch.
Thanks for the nice words. There is a fix for the ADF booting issues and a few other small niggles coming in the next couple of days hopefully.
h0ffman ok I go to bandcamp to provide support (: